Wednesday, August 10, 2005

More About Our Trip

Adding my own comments to Holly's post about our weekend... We did enjoy the weekend on the whole. Though I have to say if I lived in Utah County and worked in Salt Lake County, I'd FREAK'N move around the point of the mountain! (I'd probably just move if I lived in Utah County no matter what. But that's a whole other day's posting...) Holy crap that was a long drive trying to get out of town. I came home from work, we packed up the last of what we needed and left, so it was rush hour traffic. Added nearly an hour to the journey when compared to the trip home where we beat the traffic.

Once we got there though, it was all good. We probably could have had a better spot than the one we ended up in, but there were actually quite a few campers there so all the really good spots were taken. I liked the pool at this one better than the one in Nephi (though the kids seemed to really like the slide at the one in Nephi.) I'll have to try to remember to get some pictures to post of both places so you can all see what they look like.

The only thing I can think of right now that would make these trips better is the kids getting old enough that we are comfortable letting them get up and get out of the trailer. They like to wake up early and then start giggling and playing whereas Holly and I like to sleep in.

I agree with Holly that it was nice to hear our neighbor camper tell us that our kids were well behaved. All in all they really were. The occasional little spat here and there, but what siblings don't do that at their age?

Oh, and Sis, you should totally come camping with us (when you are ready to take little RR) because our kids would absolutely keep your toddler from running off. Just ask Sherri about the last few family reunions.

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2005 9:46 AM, Blogger Holly said...

We started taking Jeremy camping when he was 6 weeks old and Jordyn when she was 8 months old and we never stopped. Camping is a lot of work with toddlers, but I believe camping is good for ones soul. I hope our kids will grow up to appreciate the outdoors, just like Dave and I do. So, Beck, go camping when you are up to it, but go with people who can help you out with the kids. It will make it a little bit easier and more enjoyable for you and Kitt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home