Sunday, August 14, 2005

Getting Ready For the First Day of School


So... We were getting the kids stuff ready for the first day of school tomorrow, and Goliath decided that he wanted to pack his stuff to! I guess he didn't want us calling him "Dumb Dog" anymore.

Seriously though, I can't believe I have a son going into 4th grade and a daughter going into 2nd grade. AAAHHHHH!!

I guess then next book we will have to read as a family is "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" now that we have a fourth grader and now that we have finished reading the Half Blood Prince. Yes, we finished it today! I'll have to try and comment on it tomorrow. (And I'll make sure not to give away anything, assuming that I have time to even post, being a Monday and all)

So this year would be a good year to have a Freaky Friday moment with Jeremy. I remember that it was in the fourth grade when I had my first computer class. Me, one other fouth grader, and a small group 5th and 6th grade students at Jackling Elementary School were driven up to the jr. high school to learn Basic. It was during math class because I apparently did not need to stick around for math. It was probably when I realized that I was pretty good at math and had a knack for logic and computer programming.

7 Comments:

At August 14, 2005 9:49 PM, Blogger Sarebear said...

Um, Help. Could you tell me anything about what to expect from the first grade, for Emily? I know with her Autism it'll be a bit different, but I'm feeling so overwhelmed by having no idea what to expect.

I CAN'T BELIEVE it's that time again arrggghhh! Tell em to quit growing up so fast . . . .

 
At August 14, 2005 9:59 PM, Blogger Sarebear said...

Lol, I posted my comment while you only had a picture up, and no words. Comment time is b4 your post time. Just bored and love reading the updates on people.

 
At August 14, 2005 10:06 PM, Blogger failproof said...

You are fast... your comment date is earlier than my post date! :)

I was playing with emailing a pic from the phone so I had to go edit and add more than the pic. Once I got done I saw you had already commented.

So first grade... seems like the big focus for both of our kids was reading and spelling (with the added push of comprehension while reading, though that didn't come til closer to the end of the year) So Emliy will probably love that. They worked on addition and subtraction for math. They hit some of the standard stuff about famous people in history that applies to the time of year, like Johnny Appleseed (I forget what month), Martin Luther King Jr in January, and George Washington and Abe Lincoln in February.

Get Scott to give her a fathers blessing before she starts! Don't need another priesthood holder and it's not like he needs to wory about oil or anything like that.

 
At August 15, 2005 9:58 AM, Blogger Beck said...

Jeremy is WAY too young for the 4th grade. I mean, he's only 5, right? And Jordyn is only 3.

In my mind anyways.

Of course, in my mind, I'm only 22.

Have you read all the Narnia books with them?

 
At August 15, 2005 11:00 AM, Blogger Holly said...

I have already posted my thoughts about the first day of school on my blog, but I just wanted everyone to know that I have thoroughly enjoyed every stage of my children's life. There hasn't been one stage that I didn't like. I loved all of them and belive it or not, I am looking forward to the teenage years. I know they will be difficult but they will be enjoyable. Also, they will fly by just like the last 9 years have. My words of advice to all of you. Enjoy every stage of kids life.

 
At August 15, 2005 11:10 PM, Blogger Beck said...

Gotta love blog spammers! (The Fargin' Iceholes!)

 
At August 16, 2005 10:56 AM, Blogger failproof said...

Somunum botch! This is Fargin' War!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home